- This event has passed.
Overcoming Stress & Burnout: Why Self-Care & Meditation Aren’t Always The Answer
May 10 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
In this talk you can expect to learn
– what defines burnout and how it differs from depression or stress
– what stress really is and how it can show up in the body
– common root causes of stress & burnout for working women
– strategies for closing “the stress cycle”
– why “self-care” is not always the answer to overcoming stress & burnout
– evidence-based ways to tackle burnout
– tips for setting healthy boundaries at work and at home
Learn More about Sonia Singh:
Dr. Sonia Singh is a primary care physician and founder of Juniper Modern Primary Care, the first boutique, membership-based primary care practice designed to serve busy women in Houston, TX. She is a board-certified, Stanford-trained internist who also holds a masters degree in Nutrition from Columbia University. She is passionate about providing the hassle-free personalized, proactive whole person care patients deserve. Outside of medicine, Sonia can be found writing, wandering the aisles of Central Market, trying out new restaurants or hanging out at SheSpace. She lives with her husband, toddler and doodle in the Heights.